Because if 2013 was a Friends episode, it would hands down be named The One With All The Controversies.
The good, the bad and the ugly; here are the biggest celeb headlines and scandals that took place in 2013 and the important lessons that we learnt from them:
1. That Miley Cyrus has officially run out of inanimate objects to grind on. And also that she has grown so used to having her tongue wagging out, that she may have possibly forgotten how to take it back in.
2. That while Miley is having her moment in the crazy spotlight, Justin Bieber is just as capable of fulfilling the men’s quota, by spitting, taking inappropriate selfies and cozying up to sex workers.
3. That there is something about Oprah’s couch that can make even tainted champion cyclists spill their deepest, darkest secrets. Either that, or she had Lance Armstrong’s drink spiked with truth serum.
4. That even seemingly sane teen stars like Zac Efron cannot escape the Disney jinx. The High School Musical hunk shocked the world when he checked into rehab after secretly battling cocaine addiction.
5. That Amanda Bynes’ vocabulary does not extend beyond the word ‘ugly.’ Drake is ugly, Miley Cyrus is ugly and Rihanna has an ugly face. God forbid the day she gets a good look at her semi-naked selfies.
6. That trouble exists in even the most seemingly happy paradise. Santa, all we want for Christmas is for Hrithik and Suzanne to get back together. Pretty please.
7. And that trouble can sometimes come in the form of violent multimillionaires. After photos of Charles Saatchi assaulting celebrity chef Nigella Lawson outside a seafood restaurant went viral, she handed him a divorce and not a moment too soon.
8. That Kim Kardashian cannot, repeat not, ever be trusted with the responsibility of naming a child.
9. That crossing swords with Sunny Leone on Twitter can land you in hot water with the cyber crime cell. Trouble brewed when KRK attributed a rape comment to Sunny on Twitter - A fight that got blown out of proportion, namely because Sunny grew uncharacteristically angry and KRK acted like well, KRK.
10. That bookies actually feel the need to pay Sreesanth to bowl badly.
11. That having a dad who produces movies for the Dhoom franchise is the modern day equivalent of a lifetime meal ticket. Uday Chopra, you lucky, lucky man.
12. That you don’t ever want Reese Witherspoon to be your lawyer. When stopped by the police for drinking and driving, the actress threw a hissy fit, along the lines of, “Do you know who I am?” We don’t know about legal, but romcom queen Reese sure puts the ‘blonde’ in ‘legally blonde.’
13. That in spite of all the brazen twerking, Miley still couldn’t beat Psy. When it comes to Youtube’s most watched videos for 2013, Psy’s single ‘Gentleman’ holds the record with 598 million views. All hail the Gangnam man!
Check out more articles below: