Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham went onto become a blockbuster hit in the year 2001. But, sometimes we are so focused on the romantic family drama that we tend to ignore the flaws in the movie.
We list down some of the obvious oversights in this film:
1. The movie is set in the year 1999, where we see Amitabh Bachchan talking to his younger son Hrithik. He is seen using a Nokia 9000 Communicator cell phone in 1991 whereas the phone was launched in 1996. While we agree that Big B is the Shahenshah of all things cool, the film is stuck in a weird flashback flashforward tussle.
2. We see Amitabh singing “Aati Kya Khandala” to his wife, in the flashback portion of the film which begins in 1991, whereas the movie Ghulam released in 1998. Aamir must have secretly released the movie seven years earlier so that Amitabh could a sing the cult song.
3. When Kareena a.k.a Pooja a.k.a Poo is leaving home for the college prom night, she is seen wearing a red outfit with a scarf. But, when she reaches the venue, her scarf disappears and she is seen wearing a red coat. We do believe she had a trunk full of clothes in her car. Unfortunately, Poo wasn’t the most unfornutate part of the film.
4. When Kareena is leaving for prom night, Hrithik tells her that she’s wearing two different sandals. Kareena dismisses him saying “It’s fashion” and she leaves the house, with Robby, wearing two different sandals. Upon reaching the venue, we see her wearing the perfect pair of red stilettos. How Kareena?
5. When Hrithik first meets Kareena at their college, he is seen driving a red convertible Lamborghini Countache. Later in the movie, when he offers a lift to Shah Rukh Khan, his car magically changes into a silver Mercedes! Wow! Now only if we had such powers!
6. When Kareena Kapoor arrives at her college, she tells her minnion ‘Robbie’ to park her car. Apparently, he couldn’t understand her faux British Indian accent and you can still see the car parked where Kareena abandoned it.
7. When Hrithik meets Kareena after the song “Deewana hai dekho”, Hrithik attempts to recite their childhood tongue twister “Chandu ki Chacha, ne Chandu ki chachi ko chandni raat mein chandi chawk mein chandni ke chamach se chutney chatayi.” But he recites it as “Chandu ki Chacha, ne Chandu ki chachi ko chandi chawk mein chandi ke chamak se chutney chatayi…Finally got it.” Well, Hrithik you missed the “chandni raat” part. But other than that, right on!